Mitigation needed after grease fire in kitchen
SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids responded to a fire damage job that originated in the kitchen stove area. A grease fire caused damage to the stove hood, stove, laminate counter top and upper cabinets. Soot and ash were dispersed throughout the structure. Our techs cleaned the soot damage from walls and ceilings, wood trim, doors, outlets, baseboards, floors, and fixtures throughout the house. An hydroxyl generator and hot thermal fogger were utilized to eliminate the odor of smoke throughout the residence. Our techs had to remove the kitchen sink, countertops, and the upper cabinets due to fire damage. Once demolition was completed, it was almost if nothing ever happened.