What to do in the first 24 hours?
When we receive the call we will respond quickly and we can help you restore your home and belongings.
The first 24 hours can make a major difference in restoring your home. Below are some things we believe you should and should not do.
Things You Should and Should Not Do
THINGS TO NOT DO:
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Clean or wash carpets and furniture
- Clean or whip down any electrical equipment
- Send your clothes to a dry cleaner. We do not want your clothes to be clean improperly and have a permeant smoke odor.
THINGS TO DO:
- Place aluminum foil or wood between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Place a small layer of oil on chrome appliances or trim.
- Try your best to limit the amount of movement in the home. When you do this it will prevent soot particles from spreading even more.
- Place old and clean linens on areas that are high traffic areas in the home.