Grease Fire Do's & Dont's
Sometimes cooking won’t goes as planned and you could have accidently started a grease fire in your kitchen. Here are a few things you can do if you one starts in your home:
1. Turn off the source of heat, meaning turn off the burner as soon as possible.
2. Cover the fire with another pot, metal lid, or cookie sheet. If you do not have another pot or lid, try putting baking soda or salt on top. Doing this will suffocate the fire because it will not have as much oxygen reaching it.
4. If you feel unsafe, go outside to a safe location and call 911 or help.
Below are a few DO NOT’s while attending to a grease fire:
1. Use water or any fabrics to put out a grease fire.
2. Use baking powder. Might look the same as baking soda but the chemical make up is very different.
3. Moving the pot that’s on fire.
We know your home will be an instinct to save. However, you and your family’s safety are the number one priority. Call SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids
Devastated over your water damaged Family Bible or important papers?
SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids can help! We can vacuum freeze-dry your special documents. You may want your damaged documents restored for sentimental or legal reasons. Often these documents are one-of-a-kind or are irreplaceable. These important papers include family bibles, personal/medical documents, government/business records, personnel files and blue prints.
SERVPRO Document Restoration Service uses the process of sublimation. This process takes frozen documents through temperatures and pressures that turn moisture into vapor. The result is a dry document that can be restored or reused.
Water damage may occur when a basement floods, water damage from about or water from extinguishing a fire. SERVPRO will help you decide which documents to save and which ones to discard. We will box up, freeze and ship your damages papers with the care and security they deserve.
If you have questions about water damaged documents and how we can help, call SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids at (252) 537-3473
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Meet our crew here at SERVPRO of Bath.
Flooding and water damage events can lead to commercial properties with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Bath
SERVPRO of Bath specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Safety Tips for Electrical Fires
A recent report from the U.S. Fire Administration shows home electrical fires claim the lives of around 280 Americans each year and can injure over 1,000.
Electrical fires occur most during the winter months due to the increased time spent indoors. With increased time inside the circuits and electrical cords can become overloaded and also increases the use of lighting, heating and appliances.
Many electrical fires can be avoided if basic safety precautions are taken. Please read the following safety tips:
- Routinely check your electrical appliance.
- Replace old wires.
- Replace electrical tools or appliance if it overheats, shorts out, causes even small electric shocks, or gives off smoke or sparks.
- Use electrical extension cords wisely; never overload extension cords or wall sockets.
Don't Forget to Call Your Insurance Agent
Call SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids today!
If you suffer from a property loss, your agent will be your ally.
Your agent is the person who is trained and will help you return your home or business back to normal if you suffer a disaster, like a fire, flood, burst pipe or mold.
While you may not give your agent much thought over time, SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids interacts with them on a regular basis.
Insurance agents understand your policies. This alone provides reassurance during a disaster and the mitigation process. Consider: your condominium (floors, walls, & ceiling) are soaked by water from a flood in a neighboring unit. In this case, there likely are more than one policy in effect (Yours, neighbors, and possible the land lords).
During this time all you want is your life to return back to normal. Your agent will know what is covered and will help get the process of drying, cleaning, and remediation started.
Our team here are SERVPRO Roanoke Rapids lives in the disaster world and we know what to do and who to speak with to minimize the disruption to you. That is why we are such fans of engaged agents.
IICRC Certified Firm
We are in IICRC Certified Franchise.
SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry.
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids
SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Satisfied Customers of SERVPRO Roanoke Rapids
Call SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids where are customers are our number one priority
We strive every day to ensure that our quality of work is up to the highest standard and we are always so happy to get positive feedback from our customers.
Here are some recent quotes from real customers:
“I would recommend SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids to family and friends. Their staff kept us informed and had the knowledge on what to do from start to finish. “
“I have heard so many great things about SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids. When I call them they were very impressive when they arrived at our house to fix the water damage.”
“Thank you for holding the course. SERVPRO did a fantastic job presenting the course material. The course was information packed, thought provoking and memorable. Your company provides a valuable and much needed service to our community. I am very much interested in taking any future courses you and your team offer. Thank you again!”
If you have water damage from something minor such as a toilet leaking or something major to a pipe bursting and flooding your entire home give us a call at (252)537.3473. We are a family owned business and know that each job is not simply a job but is someone allowing us to come into their homes during a very stressful time. One of our main goals is to help make it a little less stressful on you.
Does your house have a mold problem?
Call us today. We are here to help!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids 252-537-3473
What to do in the first 24 hours?
SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids is here to help in any emergency.
There is absolutely no doubt that a fire in your home or business can be devastating. We know that even the smallest fires can destroy your favorite memories and belongings.
When we receive the call we will respond quickly and we can help you restore your home and belongings.
The first 24 hours can make a major difference in restoring your home. Below are some things we believe you should and should not do.
THINGS TO NOT DO:
1. Wash any walls or painted surfaces
2. Clean or wash carpets and furniture
3. Clean or whip down any electrical equipment
4. Send your clothes to a dry cleaner. We do not want your clothes to be clean improperly and have permeant smoke odor.
THINGS TO DO:
1. Place aluminum foil or wood between furniture legs and wet carpet.
2. Place a small layer of oil on chrome appliances or trim.
3. Try your best to limit the amount of movement in the home. When you do this it will prevent soot particles from spreading even more.
4. Place old and clean linens on areas that are high traffic areas in the home.
Are you dealing with smoke odors, pet odors, state-musty odors, tobacco odors, or food and cooking odors? Commercial deodorizers may help fight some airborne pungent odors, but to eliminate other foul odors, it may be necessary to do an ozone treatment. Ozone is used to destroy undesirable smells just about anywhere, in full-time and vacation homes, apartments, basements, nursing homes, cars, trucks, buses, boats, classrooms, locker rooms, and gymnasiums. Ozone is also approved by the FDA to be used in food processing plants to scrub yeast and mold spores from the air because of its great deodorizing and disinfecting abilities.
SERVPRO'S ozone generators are extremely effective because they produces O3 which attacks odors at their source, even if they are clinging to walls, fabrics and ductwork. SERVPRO ozone generators intentionally produce the toxic gas, ozone, that is used for commercial and residential applications. When contaminates such as odors, bacteria or viruses contact ozone, their chemical structure is changed to a less odorous compounds. As more ozone attacks the remaining compounds, they are eventually destroyed. This process is called oxidation. Ozone essentially reverts to harmless oxygen after it is used.
If you or someone you know is living with unwanted odors, call SERVPRO of Roanoke Rapids! We are on call to help at 252.537.3473